Learn how to create Mongoose Schemas to build a full CRUD application based on the MongoDB database design.
What Will I Learn?
- Build CRUD Applications
- Create Mongoose Schemas
- Design Routes using Express.js
- Create a Server using Express.js
- Build a RESTful API
- Use Postman
- Learn MongoDB
- You should already have Node.js installed
- You should already have MongoDB installed
In this course, we will build a simple application to show how to perform full CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations within Node.js.
We’ll be using the Node module MongooseJS. Mongoose allows us to define our models in the form of a schema, along with a simple to use API that abstracts away a lot of the pain of working directly with the MongoDB driver.
First, we will create a Book schema using MongooseJS. We will use string data types to add a title, author and description. Next, we will build a simple server using Express.js. Then we will build 4 routes to query, update and delete Books from our Schema. We will use Postman to perform actions on these routes and check the results in our browser.
What You Will Learn
- Construct crud applications
- Create mongoose schemas
- Layout routes the use of explicit.js
- Create a server the use of explicit.js
- Construct a restful API
Who is the target audience?
- This course is intended for those who are already familiar with the basics of both Node.js and MongoDB. This includes an understanding of the CommonJS pattern of requiring in modules along with an understanding of simple data types defined within MongoDB.